We are very happy to announce that the Colour and Visual Computing Symposium 2013 (CVCS 2013) will take place in Gjøvik, Norway, on 5-6 September 2013. This will be the seventh time that the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory at Gjøvik University College (GUC) organizes such an event. This edition of the symposium follows up on the success achieved by the previous runs, of the biannual Gjøvik Colour Imaging Symposium (GCIS), from 2003 to 2011. The GCIS has attracted a growing number of participants and provided a platform for fruitful discussions and exploration of recent theoretical advances and emerging practical applications of colour and visual information processing.
The CVCS 2013 symposium will contain a rich program of tutorials, keynotes, invited, and regular talks on a wide variety of colour imaging and visual computing topics given by young researchers and well-known international experts in the field.
We hope to see you very soon in Gjøvik!
News and information
- 06/09/13: The symposium has been organized successfully. The paper "Computational photography for automatic flaw detection on photographic film: the importance of being many" by Giorgio Trumpy was selected for the best student paper award.
- 23/08/13: Professor Shoji Tominaga (Chiba University, Japan) will give an invited talk.
- 23/08/13: Many regrets to inform that NOBIM evening won't be happening!
- 17/06/13: Added information about tutorials .
- 07/06/13: The IEEE Copyright form should be emailed to email@example.com , for more information about the copyright form please see "Author guidelines" .
- 23/05/13: opened for the submission of the final version.
- 08/04/13: opened for registration.
- 19/03/13: Submission deadline has been extended to the 15th of April. PDF version of call for papers can be downloaded here .
- 05/03/13: Professor Azeddine Beghdadi (Univ. Paris 13, France), and Professor Andrew Perkis (NTNU, Norway) will give invited talks at CVCS2013.
- 15/02/13: opened for the submission.
- 07/02/13: added the PDF version of the CFP.
- 29/01/13: added information about the organizing committee and important dates
The symposium is sponsored by the Research Council of Norway through the HyPerCept project , Gjøvik University College , Norsk Elektro Optikk AS , and Océ Norge AS . The event is endorsed by NOBIM and under the auspices of iarigai .
The event is organized under the technical sponsorship from IEEE . The accepted papers will be published in IEEEXplore.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .